Purpose of the Smart Cities Mission is to drive economic growth and improve the quality of life of people by enabling local area development and harnessing technology, especially technology that leads to Smart outcomes. Areabased development will transform existing areas (retrofit and redevelop), including slums, into better planned ones, thereby improving liveability of the whole City. New areas (greenfield) will be developed around cities in order to accommodate the expanding population in urban areas. Application of Smart Solutions will enable cities to use technology, information and data to improve infrastructure and services. Comprehensive development in this way will improve quality of life, create employment and enhance incomes for all, especially the poor and the disadvantaged, leading to inclusive Cities.
Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar and Sultanpur Lodhi are being developed as Smart Cities under the Smart Cities Mission with a total corpus of Rs.3271.11 Cr.
As per Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) the Mission period has been extended upto 30th June, 2024 for completion of ongoing projects/ works.
- Canal based Water Supply (Convergence with Punjab Municipal Services Improvement Project [PMSIP] under World Bank & AIIB financing – Rs.416.94 Cr.)
- Smart Road (Rs.118.65 Cr.)
- Rejuvenation of Auto Rickshaws in Amritsar through Holistic Interventions (RAAHI) under City Investments to Innovate, Integrate and Sustain (CITIIS) – Development of Green Transportation in Amritsar – Replacement of 12000 Diesel autos with eAutos (Project Cost: Rs.108.33 Cr.)
- Shaheedan Sahib Plaza (Rs.59.83 Cr.)
- Fully Automated Mechanized Multilevel Car Parking (MLCP) at Kairon Market (Rs.46.66 Cr.)
- Junction improvement (Rs.11.89 Cr.)
Smart City Proposal Amritsar
Executive Summary Amritsar
Amritsar Smart City Limited Notification
Projects(PAN CITY & ABD)
Certificate Incorporation Amritsar Smart City Limited
- Canal based Water Supply (Convergence with AMRUT – Rs.400.00 Cr.)
- Development of Burlton Park Sports Hub (Rs.77.77 Cr.) – Revamping of existing Cricket Ground a new AstroTurf hockey ground, Football ground (natural), a multi-purpose indoor stadium for Handball, Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Badminton, Wrestling, Boxing, weightlifting, Judo and Kabbadi
- Development of Smart Road (Rs.50.29 Cr.)
- Solid Waste Management at Wariyana Dump site through Bio mining project (Rs.32.12 Cr.)
- Rejuvenation and Beautification of Kalasingha drain 15 KM stretch which falls in city area (Rs.43.00 Cr.)
- Solid Waste Management at City Level (Rs.42.00 Cr.)
Smart City Proposal Jalandhar
Executive Summary Jalandhar
Jalandhar Smart City Limited Notification
Projects (PAN CITY & ABD)
Certificate Incorporation Jalandhar Smart City Ltd
- Rejuvenation and Landscaping of Budha Nalla (Convergence with AMRUT for Rs.250.00 Cr.)
- Construction of obligatory span on RoB/RuB at Pakhowal Road by Railways (Rs.45.00 Cr.) & Integrated RoB / RuB on Pakhowal Road at Ferozepur Railway line Road Crossing (Rs.86.47 Cr.)
- Retrofit of Sarabha Nagar Market & Development of Malhar Road as Smart Road including Streetscape, cycle track, on street parking, sidewalk (Rs.50.20 Cr.)
- Bio Remediation of Legacy Waste at Jamalpur Dump (Rs.27.17 Cr.) – Awarded on 07.2022
- Compactors in Ludhiana Municipal Corporation (Civil Works) – Rs.13.57 Cr.
- Construction of Basketball Courts in Guru Nanak Stadium (Rs.11.26 Cr.)
- Procurement of Compactors and Hookloaders for 22 locations in Ludhiana (Rs.27.67 Cr.)
- Trenchless Rehabilitation of existing Trunk Storm Water Drains by Standalone Structural Lining Method with Defect Liability Period of 10 years for ABD Area (Rs.82.22 Cr.)
- Trenchless Rehabilitation of the existing trunk sewer at PAU Road, Panj Peer Road upto Buddha Nallah by standalone structure lining method (Rs. 65.81 Cr.)
Ludhiana Smart City Proposal
Executive Summary Ludhiana
Notification of Ludhiana Smart City Limited
Projects (PAN CITY & ABD)
Certificate Incorporation Ludhiana Smart City Limited
Ludhiana Smart City Status
- Four-laning of Kapurthala – Sultanpur Lodhi via Fattu Dhinga Road (MDR-49) of length 17.40 Kms (Rs.47.83 Cr.)
- Water Supply, Sewerage & STP Projects including 5 year O&M & Storm Sewer (Rs.42.14 Cr.)
- Upgradation of Infrastructure along road from Gurudwara Hatt Sahib to Shaheed Udham Singh Chowk at Sultanpur Lodhi (Rs.32.21 Cr.)
- Channelization of Kali Bein rivulet and creating public space (Rs.22.46 Cr.)
- Widening and strengthening of Four Lane Dudwindi to Sultanpur Lodhi Road (KODR-9) – (Rs.16.53 Cr.)
Integrated Command & Control Centers (ICCC) at Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar and Sultanpur Lodhi
The Integrated Command and Control Centers is being implemented at Ludhiana (Rs.36.73 Cr.), Amritsar (Rs.101.00 Cr.), Jalandhar (Rs.77.98 Cr.) & Sultanpur Lodhi (Rs.38.20 Cr.) at a total cost of Rs.243.93 Cr.
Soft launch of ICCC project at Ludhiana, Amritsar & Jalandhar has already been inaugurated by Hon’ble Local Government Minister in the month of August, 2022 on the eve of 75th Independence Day.